Chick Corea Music Workshop
John Patitucci - Bass
Antonio Sanchez - Drums
August 27-31, 2012
The National Music Workshop proudly presents Chick Corea in his first-ever week-long residency to share his music and insights into jazz performance, improvisation and composition with intermediate to advanced jazz musicians on all instruments.
Chick will be joined by renowned bassist John Patitucci and drum guru Antonio Sanchez for a week of musical explorations into the world of the music of Chick Corea. Students will experience:
- One-on-one master classes with Chick Corea and the trio
- Detailed analysis of Chick Corea compositions, hand selected by Chick for this workshop
- Insight into Chick Corea’s approach to improvisation and jazz performance
- Musical interaction with Chick, John and Antonio
- Two intimate concert performances by the Chick Corea trio
- The opportunity to perform and record a piece written by Chick Corea exclusively for the participants of the program with Chick Corea, John Patitucci and Antonio Sanchez performing and leading the group
- Student Jam Sessions
- Open mic performance opportunities
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend a week of musical immersion with Jazz Master Chick Corea and his trio of John Patitucci and Antonio Sanchez.
This incredible five-day event is held at the elegant Cranwell Resort, Spa, & Golf Club located in picturesque Lenox, Massachusetts. Minutes from the Tanglewood Music Center, the resort features luxurious accommodations, gourmet meals and an attentive staff that will pamper you at every turn. This location is a perfect place to bring a spouse or friend and turn this wonderful week into something that you’ll be glad you shared.
Space is limited!
Participant on site $4950
Includes: four nights, Monday -Thursday, in a guest room or villa at the resort, all workshop classes, clinics, and performances, and all meals.
Participant off site $3750
Includes: all workshop classes, clinics, and performances. Meals may be purchased as desired from venue.
Non Participant on site $1950
Spouse, Parent, or Partner. Includes accommodations with participant, all meals, and a $500 spa credit.
For full details, or to register by phone, please call 800-234-6479 or Outside of U.S. 860-567-3736
NGW discounts scholarships and/or credits cannot be applied to Master
Artist Series events.
Spouses are welcome: Please see special non-participant rate.
Participants under 18 must be accompanied by Parent or Guardian. Parent or Guardian not enrolled in Master Artist Workshop must enroll as non-participant.
Office Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM EST Monday through Friday.
Cancellations must be in writing.
91 or more days before event: $500 cancellation Fee
90 days or less before event: No Refund